NOW HIRING: Pattern Maker- Leather Goods
We are looking for an exceptional Pattern Maker with experience working with leather to join our growing team at our Vancouver Studio. Are you the one we’ve been searching for? Know anyone perfect for the job?
Please email your resume and cover letter to info[at]kloportfolios.com with “Pattern Maker- Leather Goods Contract Position” in the subject line and leave us a note about your availability to come in for a chat. Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you!
The Role: Pattern Maker- Leather Goods Contract Position
Location: Vancouver, BC
Interprets design sketches and specifications into patterns and soft goods samples utilizing leather and mixed materials for leather cases. Extended contract available for sewing and assembly of final products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Translate our ideas and take it from concept, to a prototype, and a final product
- Knowledge of new styles and materials in development, identify challenges, and collaborate on solutions
- Assist in sourcing necessary materials for project completion including leather, notions etc.
- Interpret design sketches into flat patterns.
- Cut, prepare, and assemble mockups and samples from both man-made materials and leather
- Work within seasonal deadlines and promptly address urgent priorities
- Provide complete pattern sets, raw material lists, and documentation for hand-off from development to manufacturing
- Keep accurate files and records of patterns and styles developed
- Communicate daily with others in the organization, including email
Ideally you will have:
- Excellent ability to grasp our vision
- Flexible in thought and highly creative
- Artistically captures the feeling expressed in a drawing into a finished sample.
- Able to make patterns and samples from start to finish with own hands or CAD software
- 3-5 years experience pattern and sample making experience in high quality leather goods and soft goods fashion accessories
- Knowledgeable about various materials and alternative materials used in soft goods fashion accessories
- Able to find creative solutions to product construction challenges
- Creates samples utilizing methods of handwork, construction, and machinery which can be implemented in production
- Well versed in both technical design and pattern engineering
- CAD pattern software skills preferred
- Adobe illustrator knowledge an asset
Salary is based on experience.