THE GIG- Production Assistant
We’re seeking a stellar new team member to assist with production and laser engraving within our spacious Vancouver warehouse. You’ll report to the Production Manager.
The main responsibility of this position is the production of laser-engraved items: speed, accuracy, and accountability are all major components of this position.
You must be comfortable with vector programs such as Adobe Illustrator. Other responsibilities include assembly and shipping of products, inventory maintenance, some data entry, and light cleaning.
Willing to train the perfect team member on how to use a laser engraver, UV Printer, and more.
Essential Qualifications You Have:
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator. Photoshop and InDesign experience a bonus.
- Laser Engraving experience not necessary but a major asset
- Minimum 1 year Graphic Design experience
- Shop experience an asset. Must be comfortable working with your hands and building bespoke products.
You are malleable and thrive in a start-up environment that is continually tinkering, growing, and adapting to new scenarios. You have a creative streak and enjoy making things with your hands. You pride yourself on picking things up quickly and taking direction well.
Your demeanor is friendly and you’re an excellent communicator. You have an interest digital fabrication, laser engravers, and CNC machines and lose sleep over the prospect of making beautiful things with them. A minor OCD when it comes to organization and cleanliness describes you well.
Your Day to Day Responsibilities Include:
- Creating materials cut list for the Production Manager
- Laser engraving and cutting products in the production schedule
- Prepping materials for production by masking, sanding, staining, or painting
- Adding color fills and using the UV Printer
- Keeping track of production due dates to ensure orders are on schedule
- Assembling, packing, and shipping products
- Completing quality checks on all products
- Organization supplies and materials
- Comfortable lifting up to 50lbs
- Inventory maintenance and clean up duties
- Other shop duties as required
Interested? Drop us an email at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter and we’ll get in touch!